Tester for 7-pins plug and socket connection
This tester has one side to connect the 7-pins plug of a trailer and another side to connect the 7-pins socket of a car. This tester indicates quickly if a failure concerns the wiring of the car or the wiring of the trailer. How to test the connection of a:
Trailer (can also be a caravan or bicycle carrier)
- Put the plug in the connection of the tester.
- Press the yellow button on the side of the tester.
- If the wiring is good, all the LEDs light up. the function of each LED is (acc lso 1724):
- left hand indicator (yellow);
- foglight or 12V (blue);
- mass (white);
- right hand indicator (green);
- right rearlight (brown);
- left brake light (red);
- left rearlight (black). Attention: The pin no 2 can be used either for a warning foglamp or a permanent 12V connection.
If a LED doesn’t light up, it is because the corresponding wire is defective, If all the LEDs don’t light up.